International Year of Caves and Karst
2021 is the International Year of Caves and Karst and the several countries that have Cave Animal of the Year programs are focussing on cave beetles as their 2021 cave animal. Have a look at their websites and see what cavers and speleologists are doing to try and promote the interesting but generally little-known world of cave beetles.
- Germany: https://hoehlentier.de/
- Italy: https://animalidigrotta.speleo.it/
- Spain: https://bioespeleologia.blogspot.com/2020/12/invertebrado-cavernicola-j…
- Switzerland: https://cavernicola.ch/
- USA: https://caves.org/conservation/caveanimaloftheyear.shtml
Despite this terrible pandemic happening, you can still join us online to be part of the International Year of Cave and Karst.
IYCK – International Year of Caves and Karst: https://www.iyck2021.org
Our best wishes to you for 2021 in what is a challenging time for people from all parts of the globe. We appreciate you taking the time to learn more about cave beetles.